Sausage & bean bagel nachos
Looking for something fun and easy to whip up for dinner on a Friday night? Try these sausage and bean bagels - loaded with local products too.
- 3 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 2 plain bagels, split and cut into bite-size pieces
- 400g of sausages, we recommend local ones from Uncle Henry's
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can Co-op baked beans in tomato sauce
- 100g mature cheese, we recommend a tasty one from Lymn Bank Farm
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of the oil over the bagel pieces, season lightly and toss to coat. Bake on a lined tray for 15 mins, turning halfway through, until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Squeeze the sausages out of their skins and fry, stirring and breaking up with a wooden spoon for 2-3 mins.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for a further 2 mins, then add the paprika and cook for another minute.
- Combine the beans with the sausage and broccoli, and transfer to a baking dish.
- Season, then top with the bagel pieces.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese, then bake for 10 mins, until the cheese melts.
- Next, make a salsa by combining the remaining ingredients, except for the lime wedges.
- Garnish the bagel nachos with the extra coriander, then serve with the salsa and lime wedges on the side.