Funding clean water projects
According to the UN, 884 million people do not have access to improved drinking water and more than 2.4 billion lack access to a basic, hygienic toilet. This has resulted with around 2 million people dying of waterborne diseases every year. And in some regions, children are travelling up to 4 hours a day to collect clean water.
For the last 12 years, the Co-op has been working in partnership with The One Foundation, investing in clean water, sanitation and hygiene projects to change lives in some of the poorest communities in the world.
Together, we can make a difference in changing this. Read below about how our small changes can make big differences.
- Every bottle of Co-op still, sparkling or flavoured water* that you buy helps to fund these clean water projects
- 3p of every litre sold funds clean water projects
- Over £10 million has been raised already in this way
- 1.8 million people now have access to clean water because of you
- The project had lead to being able to build rainwater harvesting systems and safe toilets in schools for over 8,000 children
Find out more here.
Watch the video below to hear first hand from a community in Ghana about how these projects are helping them.
*Does not include tonic or large bottles of soda water.