Sausage and Poacher croissants with red onion chutney
Need some breakfast, lunch or dinner inspiration? Local chef Rachel Green has whipped up these delicious croissants packed with products from producers across our Love Local range. Switch out the ingredients with whatever you have in your cupboard, why not even try meat free?
INGREDIENTS - SERVES 4
- 4 Co-op Irresistible croissants
- 7 Fairburn’s eggs (4 for frying)
- 2 tbsp Co-op British single cream - milk works too!
- Sea salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
- Ownsworth’s rapeseed oil, for frying
- A little Co-op British butter, for frying
- 8 Mountain’s Boston sausages, cooked - any other sausages you have will be fine too, even switch it up with bacon or why not try meat-free?
- 4 slices Lincolnshire Poacher cheese, plus a little extra grated - any cheese you have leftover in the fridge will work too
- Lymn Bank red onion chutney, to serve (optional)
1. Cut the croissants in half horizontally. Beat the eggs and cream together and season with a little sea salt and black pepper.
2. Dip the croissant halves in the beaten egg mixture and pan fry the croissants in rapeseed oil and a little butter until golden on both sides.
3.Remove from the pan and place the bottom halves of the croissants onto a baking sheet. Top each half with 2 sausages, a slice of cheese and a fried egg before covering with the top halves of the croissant.
4. Sprinkle the tops with some grated Lincolnshire Poacher cheese. Pop in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted.
5. Serve immediately with some red onion chutney.