Sausage and apple slaw subs
Add an air of sophistication to your barbeque with these sausage apple and slaw subs, made with local apple juice, cheese and honey.
- 8 leftover sausages or Love Local Mountain’s Boston Sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Starkey’s apple juice
- 1 tsp Love Local clear honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- Centre of a sweet heart cabbage
- 1 apple
- 15g dried cranberries (optional)
- 4 sub rolls or 8 Gadbsy’s finger rolls
- 100g Skegness Blue cheese, crumbled
- Barbecue or grill the sausages for 12-15 mins, turning frequently until deep golden brown and cooked through.
- Put the olive oil, apple juice, honey and mustard in a jar and season well. Add the lid and shake until smooth.
- Shred the cabbage very finely, grate the apple and stir together. Add the cranberries, drizzle the dressings over the vegetable mixture and toss well to coat.
- Split the rolls and lightly toast them. Depending on the size of the rolls, fill each with one or two sausages, heap with apple slaw and scatter with the crumbled cheese. Serve immediately.