Elderflower and strawberry cheesecake (V)
SERVES 10 TAKES 30 minutes to make, plus setting and macerating time
- 2 x 115g boxes Grantham Gingerbread
- 75g butter, melted
- 600g cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 225g punnet strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 tbsp Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
- Break the gingerbread into pieces, put in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the butter and pulse to mix. Spoon into a lined 23cm springform cake tin. Press down with the back of a spoon to smooth and chill in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, icing sugar and 3 tbsp cordial. Add the cream, then whisk until the mixture is really thick and holds its shape – this may take a few minutes. Spread over the biscuit base and leave in the fridge to set further – overnight is best, but a few hours will do.
- 30 minutes before serving, mix the strawberries with the remaining cordial and leave to macerate.
- To serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin and pile the strawberries in the middle, then drizzle over the pink syrup.