About Grantham Gingerbread
When it comes to the biscuit barrel, gingerbread is often shunned in favour of a more delicate treat, but Grantham Gingerbread is unlike any of its kind. It’s a buttery dome of honeycomb with a subtle dash of ginger. What’s more, it’s England’s oldest biscuit – a golden oldie if you like.
Gingerbread was first made in 1740 in Grantham by baker William Egglestone. The tale has it that one Sunday morning, William mistook one ingredient for another and Grantham Gingerbread was born.
Fast forward 200 years and it had disappeared from production until local man Alastair Hawken brought it back to the county in 2014.
Available in all food stores except for:
- Gibbet Nook Food Store and Filling Station
- Springfields Filling Station
Available in the following stores:
- Albert Street
- Bracebridge Heath
- Burgh Le Marsh
- Cherry Willingham
- Long Sutton
- Market Rasen
- Newark Road Hykeham
- Roman Bank
- Springfield Road
- Sturton by Stow
- The Bridge (Newark)
Go to the Grantham Gingerbread website