A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
A perfect addition to a family buffet - tuck into this delicious blue cheese and butternut squash made with local ingredients.
SERVES: 4-6 PREP: 30 MINS COOK: 1 HOUR
1. Cut the squash into 2cm chunks. Toss in the oil, season well and roast for 15 mins at 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Add the onion and cook for a further 10 mins.
2. Unwrap the pastry and use it to line a 25cm round, shallow, fluted tart tin, easing it into the base. Trim the pastry edge, leaving it slightly on the long side. Prick the base with a fork.
3. Stand the tin on a baking sheet, line the pastry with the sheet of paper it came wrapped in, add some baking beans and cook for 10 mins. Remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5 mins.
4. Reduce the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4. Scatter the roasted veg in the pastry case before crumbling over the cheese.
5. Beat together the crème fraîche or soured cream and eggs, season with black pepper, and pour over the veg and cheese mix. Scatter with seeds or nuts, if using, and bake for 20 mins or until well risen and golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
TIP: This versatile quiche would work just as well with any other root veg, such as parsnips, carrots, swede or sweet potato.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm