Tikka chicken skewers
Featuring original flavours from Scunthorpe's Mr Huda's,these tasty tikka chicken skewers are a spicy twist on a barbecue classic. Add them to your summer menu for guaranteed sizzling success!
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp Mr Huda’s Tikka Marinade Paste
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp Ownsworth’s Rapeseed Oil
- Minty yoghurt, sliced red onion, lime wedges, to serve
1. Preheat a grill or griddle pan until hot. Meanwhile, mix the Mr Huda’s paste with the yoghurt and lemon juice until well combined.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into 2.5cm cubes and mix into the spiced yoghurt, making sure that the chicken cubes are completely coated.
3. Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent them burning during cooking). Place the skewers on a foil-lined grill pan or onto the hot griddle (if using a griddle, you may need to add a little extra oil to prevent sticking) and drizzle with the oil. Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
4. You can make a minty yoghurt dip to serve with the skewers by mixing 6 tbsp of low-fat natural yoghurt with a handful of freshly chopped mint, or 1 tsp dried mint. Try adding a little grated cucumber to make it extra cooling.
5. Serve the chicken with some sliced red onion and lime wedges.