A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
Create a selection of delicious dishes to accompany your festive feast this Christmas.
SERVES: 4 PREP: 25 MINS COOK: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 6. Heat a frying pan, add the oil and cook the onion, bacon and thyme, if using, over a low heat until the onion is softened.
2. Thickly butter a deep 1.25l ovenproof dish and layer the potato slices and onion and bacon mixture alternately into the dish, seasoning with black pepper as you layer and finishing with a layer of potatoes.
3. Pour over the hot stock, cover with foil and cook for 50 mins. Remove the foil and cook for a further 20-25 mins or until the top is crisp and golden and the potatoes feel tender when poked with the tip of a sharp knife.
4. Scatter with extra chopped fresh thyme, if using, and serve immediately.
SERVES: 4 PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 6 MINUTES
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the sprouts for 4 mins. Remove from the heat and drain while they are still a bright green colour. Return to the hot pan and cover with a lid to keep warm.
2. Heat the butter in a small pan. Add the sesame seeds, if using, and cook for 1 min or until starting to brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey and soy. Add the warm sprouts and swirl around to coat. Serve immediately.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.