Pom Pom garlands
Pom Poms are one of the easiest things you can make - but they look absolutely fantastic!
From snowballs to picture holders and snowmen to Christmas tree decorations, there Is so much you can do with a Pom Pom.
Here we’ve made 6 and attached them to a string of fairy lights to create this great decoration for your room. You could also attach them to string and hang photos or cards from them or just as a nice decoration over the fireplace.
The best thing about Pom Pom’s? You can make them in any colour with any kind of wool, so don’t worry about hitting the shops for something special...whatever you have at home can be turned into a Pom Pom!
What you’ll need:
- Wool/yarn - as many colours and types as you like.
- Cardboard - box type card rather than paper card.
- A cup and a 2p piece
- String of fairy lights or just some plain string
What to do:
- If you're not sure how to make a pom pom - check out our how to guide here
- TA DAH - now you have your Pom Pom give it a bit of a fluff to make sure it all falls into shape and if you have any loose or long ends, just tidy them up with the scissors.
- Repeat the above steps as many times as you like with as many different colours and textures of wool/yarn as you like, until your have enough for your garland. We made 3 of two different colours - so 6 Pom Pom’s in total. You can re-use your cardboard doughnuts as many times as they will allow before getting too worn out.
- Take your fairy lights/string and simply tie your Pom Pom’s onto it using the ties that are holding them together.