Naughty hot banana trifles
Treat yourself to a naughty Sunday afternoon treat in the form of these decadent hot banana trifles. Made with a splash of toffee flavoured vodka crafted in Lincolnshire.
SERVES: 4 PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 6 MINS.
- 4 thick slices McVitie’s Jamaica ginger cake, cubed
- 150ml Greek-style yogurt
- 150ml double cream
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 4 large bananas, unpeeled
- 75g butter
- 3 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Fenlands toffee vodka or rum
- 1 tbsp ginger biscuit crumbs (optional)
- Place the cake slices in 4 small serving bowls or glasses. Put the yogurt, double cream and honey in a separate bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Cook the unpeeled bananas on the BBQ or grill for 5-6 mins, turning frequently, until they are black and have softened.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan, add the sugar and vodka or rum and cook for 1-2 mins or until it’s a thick syrupy sauce.
- Peel the hot bananas, cut into chunks and spoon into the serving bowls. Drizzle a little hot toffee sauce into each bowl before topping with the honey cream.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the trifles and sprinkle each with a few biscuit crumbs, if using. Serve immediately.
Drink responsibly. For more information visit drinkaware.co.uk