Mulled clementine cider (V)
Warm yourself up from within this this hot, fruity spiced drink packed full of rich flavours.
SERVES: 8 ready in: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 Co-op clementines
- 1.5 litres of cider, we recommend Skidbrooke Cyder from our Love Local range
- 8 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 25g ginger, thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Co-op clear honey
- 200ml Co-op classic navy rum
- Halve the clementines, and juice 5 of them (this should make about 150ml juice).
- Pour the juice into a large saucepan, along with the cider.
- Push the cloves into the skin of the remaining clementine.
- Add to the pan with the cinnamon sticks, broken in half, star anise, bay leaves, ginger, lemon zest and honey.
- Heat gently until just simmering, then remove from the heat and cover.
- Allow to infuse for at least 1 hour, and up to 24 hours if you have time, then store in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, stir in the rum and heat gently, then discard the whole spices and ladle into glasses.
- Garnish with extra cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, star anise and clementine slices, if you like.
Drink responsibly. For more information visit drinkaware.co.uk