Mini key lime trifles (V)
If you love key lime pie, try out this version turned into a trifle! With locally made gingerbread and a zing of limes, it's the perfect afternoon treat 🍨
- 100g ginger biscuits from Grantham Gingerbread
- 50g Co-op unsalted butter
- 2 Love Local egg yolks
- Zest and juice of 5 limes
- 400g can condensed milk
- 100g ginger cake
- 150ml Co-op double cream
- Put the ginger biscuits in a sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin, until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter and then stir through the biscuit crumbs.
- Divide between 8 small glasses and chill in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with the lime juice and most of the zest (reserving a little to decorate) until light and frothy.
- Add the condensed milk and whisk for another 2-3 mins.
- Remove the glasses from the fridge and spoon in the lime filling, dividing equally between each glass.
- Chill for about 1-2 hours, or until set.
- Crumble the ginger cake and divide between the glasses.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and then finish the trifles with a layer of cream.
- Sprinkle over the reserved lime zest to serve.