Make your own cute pom pom chick
Chick chick hooray! Chick out how you can create your own cute companion this Easter...
What you'll need:
- Yellow wool
- Pom pom maker - 1 medium, 1 small (available from craft shops)
- Yellow card or foam
- Googly eyes
What to do:
- First, you'll need to make two pom pom's using the yellow wool - one bigger than the other. If you haven't got a pom pom maker, then you can find out how to make your own here.
- When you tie a knot in the centre of your pom pom to hold it all together, make sure you don't cut your wool short as you'll need a piece of wool on both pom pom's to tie them together.
- Take the piece of long wool and use this to tie the bigger pom pom to the smaller one - creating your chick's head and body.
- Trim any excess wool that maybe too long so you have a nice fluffy chick.
- Pop a little bit of glue on the back of two googly eyes and secure these to the head of your chick.
- Now, draw a pair of feet and a beak on your card/foam and carefully cut these out with the scissors.
- Use your glue to stick the feet underneath the body, and the beak to the head.
You should now have a super cute, pom pom, chick!
Why not try making more cute companions with different coloured wool - you could use white wool and pink card to create a bunny, or multicoloured wool and card to make a magical unicorn - anything is possible with a pom pom.