Little hasselbacks and parsnip purée
There'll definitely be no hassle with these quick and easy side dish recipes that are sure to make your Christmas day entertaining go a little smoother.
SERVES 4-6 TAKES 1 hour 15 mins
750g baby new potatoes
3 tbsp Ownsworth’s Rapeseed Oil
1 tbsp thyme leaves, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 tsp paprika
1. Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
2. Slice through the potatoes vertically, almost to the bottom, at 3mm intervals.
3. Toss them with the oil, thyme and garlic. Put on a baking tray cut side up, season and sprinkle over the paprika.
SERVES 4 TAKES 25 mins
500g parsnips, peeled and chopped fairly small
100ml Co-op double cream
150ml whole milk
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp honey from the Love Local range
Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
1. Put the parsnips, cream, milk and bay leaf in a saucepan and bring to the boil gently over a medium heat. Turn down to a simmer, then cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the parsnips are tender. Keep an eye on the pan as the cream and milk can easily boil over.
2. Remove the bay leaf and purée the mixture in a blender or with a stick blender. Stir in the honey and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using). Roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until crisp and golden.