Spice up your day with this quick and easy Jerk Chicken recipe. A delicious blend of bold flavours – it’ll take your taste buds on a trip to the Caribbean.
SERVES 6 PREP 15 MINUTES COOK 40-45 MINUTES
- 2-3 tsp hot chilli powder (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Ownsworth’s rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 salad onion, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 750g pack Co-op chicken drumsticks and thighs
- Mix the chilli powder, ginger, cinnamon, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, rapeseed oil, sugar, salad onion and thyme together in a shallow, non-metallic dish.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 2 or 3 deep scores in each piece of chicken. Add the chicken pieces to the spice mix and turn to coat. Cover, chill and leave to marinate for up to 24 hours, turning over once or twice.
- Cook the chicken on a hot barbecue or on a griddle pan for 40-45 minutes, turning regularly, until golden and cooked through.