Jenny’s jammy biscuits
300g/10oz plain flour
250g/8oz unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
150g/5oz icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs from our Love Local range
A pinch of salt
A jar of Jenny’s Jam
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks with the vanilla essence. Mix with the butter and sugar until combined.
- Mix together the flour and salt and then start adding it to the biscuit mix. A dough will start to form.
- When all the ingredients are mixed into a smooth dough, shape into a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Roll out your dough on a floured surface until it is about 5mm thick. Using a 6cm cookie cutter, cut out circles from the dough.
- Fill a baking sheet with half of the whole dough discs. With the other half, use a smaller cutter or the spout of a water bottle to cut out a hole in the centre of each disc.
- Place the larger discs on another baking sheet. Discard the centres or, add them to the other leftover bits of dough, roll out, and use for more biscuits.
- Bake the two lots of biscuits for 15 minutes until just firm and starting to colour.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and leave to cool. Then, place a teaspoon of jam in the centre of each whole biscuit. Spread the jam until there is about a 1cm border around the biscuit.
- Take the biscuit discs with the holes from the baking sheet and place on top of the whole biscuits, sandwiching them together with the jam.