Jenny's Jammy Stars
A delicious gift made with love ❤
PREP: 20 MINS, PLUS CHILLING TIME
COOK: 15 MINS
- 115g unsalted butter
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour, plus extra for rolling out
- 3tbsp Jenny's Jams Three Berry Jam 💚
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Fold in the flour, gather to a crumbly dough, and knead gently to bring together. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the dough to 3mm thick. Using a 6cm round cutter, stamp out 32 circles. Use a cutter to stamp out stars from the middle of half the circles. Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 mins or until crisp. Leave to cool for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Spread the whole biscuit circles with a thin layer of jam and sandwich with the cut-out biscuit circles. Dust with icing sugar.