Festive parfait bombe
Looking for a cool pudding to impress? 😎
This is the frozen one ❄
PREP: 20 MINS, PLUS FREEZING
COOK: 5 MINS
- 2 tsp dark rum
- ½ x 411g jar mincemeat
- 100g glacé cherries
- 440g Pocklington's Bakery Luxury Plumbread with cherries 💚
- 300ml double cream
- ½ x 397g can condensed milk
- 75g white chocolate
- Bay leaves to decorate (optional)
- Place the rum, mincemeat and 75g cherries in a small pan and heat gently just to melt the suet. Set aside to cool completely.
- Slice the plumbread lengthways into 12 thin slices. Line a 1.4 litre pudding basin with clingfilm and use 9 slices to line the sides overlapping slightly as you go. Use 1 slice to cover the base of the basin. If you don't have a pudding basin, you can use a mixing bowl or even a small saucepan of the same size.
- Whip the cream and condensed milk together until thickened. Fold over any bread standing above the height of the basin and push into the cream mixture. Use the remaining 2 slices of bread to enclose the cream mixture in the plumbread. Cover with clingfilm and freeze overnight.
- Take out of the freezer 30 mins before serving. Turn out onto a serving plate and discard the clingfilm. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of boiling water. Remove from heat and cool slightly, then drizzle over the pudding. Decorate with the remaining cherries and bay leaves (if using).
TIP: You can swap in some of your favourite ingredients when making this pudding. Replace the minced meat with chopped chocolate, crumbled fruit or leftover Christmas pudding.