Elderflower and lime cheesecake
Try this fresh elderflower cheesecake, complete with a hint of zingy citrus to add a spring to your step.
It features locally-produced elderflower cordial from Belvoir Fruit Farms, part of our Love Local range.
225g large pack digestive biscuits
100g/4oz unsalted butter
400g full-fat cream cheese
150ml double cream
Icing sugar, to taste
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
Lime zest to decorate
- Place the digestive biscuits in a large plastic bag. Hold one end of the bag and using a rolling pin, crush until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Reserve a couple of spoonfuls of biscuit crumbs to decorate.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the crushed biscuits and sugar until they are fully combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture firmly into a 20cm/8″ round tin with a lift up base and place in the fridge to set.
- Wash the lemon and grate the skin using a fine grater or use a lemon zester.
- Place this zest together with the cream cheese, icing sugar and lime juice in a food processor and mix well.
- Then slowly add the cream and elderflower cordial until it is a smooth thick paste.
- Spread this mixture on the biscuit base and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight if preferred.
- Place the cheesecake on top of a tall glass and firmly press down on the sides of the tin which will slide down the cheesecake. Slip off the base onto the plate. Decorate with the reserved crumbs and lime zest.