Crunchy rainbow satay stir-fry
Quick and easy, this rainbow stir fry is full of colours and packed with delicious flavours including local producer Mr Huda's curry paste.
Prep 20 mins, cook 15 mins
For the satay sauce
- 1 tsp Mr Huda’s Universal Curry Paste from our Love Local range
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 150ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the stir-fry, use pre-prepared veg or a selection of your choice. We used:
- 100g broccoli, cut into small florets 100g baby corn
- 100g sugar snap peas 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 200g green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 4 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 75g peanuts or cashews (plain or salted), chopped
1. Put all the sauce ingredients in a small pan. Heat gently for 5 mins, stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the broccoli, corn and peas, and blanch for 1 min only. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Cut the peas in half lengthways. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan or wok. Stir-fry the onion, peppers and cabbage for 3 mins. Add the carrot and radishes and cook for a further 2-3 mins, until cooked but crunchy.
4. Add the peas, broccoli and corn, and cook for 1 min. Divide stir-fry between 4 bowls, scatter with nuts and drizzle over warm satay sauce.
TIP: The sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance. When ready to serve, simply heat in the microwave on medium power for 30 seconds. Stir well and serve.
Any leftover coconut milk can be frozen for another day.