Cookie dough pancakes (V)
If you love cookie dough and pancakes then this recipe is perfect for you. Loaded with locally made products too, you'll be fighting for the last one!
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 150ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 local egg yolk from Fairburn's Eggs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 160g Co-op plain flour
- 4 Co-op chocolate chip cookies
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 10g Co-op unsalted butter
- Chocolate ice cream - we recommend ice-cream from local producer Blyton
- Espresso coffee from local producer Stokes Tea and Coffee
- Put the natural yogurt, milk, vanilla and egg yolk in a bowl, setting aside the white.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and plain flour and whisk until lump-free.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff and fluffy.
- With a large metal spoon, fold it into the batter.
- Crumble the cookies and gently fold into the batter taking care not to knock too much air out of it.
- Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil and 10g Co-op unsalted butter in a nonstick frying pan over a medium low heat.
- Add a quarter of the batter and cook for 2-3 mins on each side, flipping in between.
- Keep warm on a plate while you cook 3 more pancakes, topping up with 1 tsp vegetable oil, if needed.
- Serve with a scoop of chocolate ice cream and an espresso coffee on the side, if you like.