Christmas pudding wreath
How amazing does this giant Christmas pudding wreath look - it's perfect to deck your halls with and easy to make.
What you'll need:
- Brown wool
- White wool
- Pom pom maker or cardboard to make your own
- Green felt
- Red mini pom pom's
- Cardboard - cereal box type card rather than paper card
What to do:
- First take your cardboard and draw a circle on to it - you could use a dinner plate to draw around.
- Next, take a smaller plate (like a side plate) and place it in the centre of your circle and draw around it too.
- Carefully cut out your circles, so you're left with a donut shape. Remember - the bigger and thicker your 'donut' the more pom pom's it'll take to fill it! This is going to be your wreath.
- Next, you're going to need to make a lot of pom pom's! Find out the basics of pom pom making here. For our wreath we used 12 brown pom pom's and 8 white pom pom's. Remember to leave some string at the end of your pom pom as you'll need this to help tie it to your wreath.
- Once you've made all your pom pom's arrange them on the wreath so from the top the first 1/3 is white pom pom's and the last 2/3 are brown pom pom's - we had two layers of pom pom's on ours to make it looks extra thick and full but you can do as many as you like.
- When you're happy with how it looks use the string hanging from your pom pom's to tie them to the wreath - you might need some glue to hold them in place in parts - especially the second layer.
- Make sure everything is secured and doesn't fall when you hold the wreath up. To hang it up you'll need a loop of ribbon or string glued to the back of the wreath and sticking out the top.
- Finally cut out some leaf shapes from your green felt and stick these to the top of your wreath with glue and then add some small red pre-made craft pom pom's for the berries.
Ta dah - you have a tasty decoration good enough to eat!