Make the ultimate chocolate fondue in time for sitting around the fire for the festivities, made with a handful of local ingredients.
SERVES: 4-8 PREP: 15 MINS COOK: 4 MINUTES
- 1 Gadsby’s cherry cake
- 4 slices Christmas pudding
- 1 box Grantham Gingerbread
- 200g sliced pineapple, strawberries and raspberries
- 1 packet The Naked Marshmallow Co. marshmallows
- 2 x 200g bars Co-op Irresistible dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1-2 tbsp dark rum
- 100ml single cream
1. Cut the cherry cake into 2cm thick slices and then stamp out star shapes using a 5cm cookie cutter. Repeat with the Christmas pudding slices, if you like.
2. Arrange the items for dipping around the edge of a flat platter or serving board. Add some canapé skewers or cocktail sticks.
3. Put the chocolate, rum and cream in a small saucepan and heat gently for 3-4 mins or until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Pour the hot sauce into a small serving bowl, place on the platter and serve.
TIP: The sauce can be made up to two days in advance. When you are ready to serve, simply heat in the microwave for 1 min. Stir well and heat for a further 1 min or until warm.