Chilly the Penguin
Chilly the Penguin is our new Christmas friend - he's so super soft and easy to make. Plus, he'll look cute amongst all your Christmas decorations - so why not make your own?
What you'll need:
- Soft blue wool
- Soft white wool
- Cardboard to make your pom pom maker
- 2 googly eyes
- Yellow felt
What to do:
- First you'll need to make a pom pom - click here to find out how to make your cardboard 'donut' and get started with the basics of pom pom making.
- When winding the wool around your pom pom maker - to get the white tummy - you'll need to first cover your pom pom maker in the blue wool. Then, you'll need to add the white wool over the top of the blue but only wrap it around the one half of the 'donut'.
- Follow the steps in the link above to finish off your pom pom.
- Once you have the main body, you'll need to make another pom pom but slightly smaller this time for his head. Use the same method above but instead of wrapping your white wool around half of the donut, wrap it a quarter of the way round and then do the same on the opposite side.
- Once you've finished your pom pom's fluff them out and you should have a large one with a white fluffy tummy and a smaller one with two white fluffy parts where his eyes will go.
- You can either stick the head onto the body using uPVC glue or stitch them together using some of the blue wool.
- Next, stick your googly eyes on the the white parts of your penguins head and cut out two little triangles from the yellow felt for his beak and stick them on too.
Ta dah - your very own Chilly the Penguin is ready! You could even make some feet for him using black felt or add some light blue felt to the side for wings!