A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
A spin on the classic British tea time delight. Homemade scones filled with flavourful local cheddar cheese will take your afternoon treat to the next level.
SERVES 6 PREP 10 MINUTES COOK 15 MINUTES
1. Preheat oven to 200°/180°F/Gas 6.
2. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
3. Add the butter to the bowl and combine with your fingertips so the mixture resembles a breadcrumb texture.
4. Sprinkle in the cheese and ensure it’s evenly distributed.
5. Create a well in the centre of the mixture, pour in enough milk to form a dough like texture.
6. Lightly cover your work surface with flour and roll out the dough so it’s approximately 2cm thick.
7. Using a medium sized cutter, cut into 6 pieces or more, depending on the desired size.
8. Brush the top of the scones with milk and sprinkle a handful of cheese on top of each one.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the scones look golden and well risen.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.