Cheat's sticky toffee and banana pudding
A sticky toffee pudding with a twist 🍌
PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
- 65g softened butter
- 2 x McVitie's Jamaica Ginger Sticky Pudding Cake
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 25g golden syrup
- 300ml double cream
- 2 large bananas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 x Grantham Gingerbread biscuits, crumbled 💚
- 25g toasted walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Use 15g of Butter to grease a 1 litre ovenproof lasagne dish. Cut the ginger cake into thick slices and arrange in the base of the dish to cover it completely.
- Heat the remaining butter in a pan with the brown sugar and golden syrup until the sugar has dissolved. Pour in half of the double cream and heat gently, stirring, until is a bubbling and glossy toffee sauce. Pour over the cake to cover completely.
- Peel the bananas, slice in half lengthways and toss in the lemon juice. Arrange cut side up over the ginger cake. Scatter with the crumbled biscuits and tossed walnuts. Bake for 20 mins until bubbling. Serve drizzled with the remaining cream.
Thank you to Kerry Lightfoot from Lincoln for her idea for a sticky toffee pudding