Cheat's Sausage Casserole
A quick and easy meal to feed the family 🥘 perfect for those cosy nights in when it's chilly outside! ❄
- 50g butter
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 115g bacon of your choice, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 12 Uncle Henry's Lincolnshire Sausages
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350g jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 420g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 100g Gadsby's bread, made into chunky crumbs
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat half the butter and half the oil in a large saucepan and cook the bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onions and sausages to the pan and cook for 5-6 mins, until the sausages are lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan, except the bread and parsley, if using, and stir well. Stir in the bacon. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins until the sausages are cooked through.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil in a frying pan. Add the breadcrumbs and stir to coat. Cook over a low heat for 5-6 mins, stirring frequently, until the crumbs are crispy and a golden brown. Stir the parsley into the breadcrumbs, if using, scatter over the casserole and serve.