Brunch salad with Fairtrade coffee dressing
Brunch should always involve a good cup of coffee - but rather than sipping it out of a cup, why not use it as a salad dressing?
SERVES: 4 TIME: 20MINS.
- 1 tsp Co-op Fairtrade rich roast instant coffee or how about trying one of our Love Local suppliers Fairtrade coffee, such as Stokes or Lincoln Tea & Coffee available from our food stores.
- 1 tbsp Co-op red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade clear honey
- 5 tbsp Co-op olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 100g Co-op Irresistible sourdough bloomer, crusts removed
- 8 slices Co-op Irresistible Parma ham
- 6 Co-op vine ripened tomatoes, halved
- 4 Fairburn's free range eggs
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves torn
- 125g bag Co-op baby spinach
- 4 salad onions, finely shredded
- Make the dressing by whisking together the coffee, vinegar, honey and 4 tbsp of the olive oil
- Put the sourdough in a bowl and drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, then toss until the bread is coated in the oil
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and dry-fry the Parma ham for 1-2 mins on each side, until crisp, then set aside
- Tear the bread into pieces, add to the pan and fry for 4-5 mins, to make croutons, then set aside
- Brush the cut sides of the tomatoes with the extra olive oil then fry, cut-side down, for 3-4 mins, until slightly softened
- Poach the eggs
- While they’re cooking, toss the lettuce, spinach, salad onion and croutons in the dressing, then divide between four plates
- Crumble the ham over the top and add the tomatoes
- Top with the eggs, season with black pepper and serve immediately