Soda floats are out and beer floats are in!
- 40g Co-op Fairtrade milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 500ml bottle golden ale - we recommend Harvest Gold from Ferry Ales Brewery
- 2 scoops Co-op Irresistible Venezuelan chocolate ice cream
- 1 Co-op digestive biscuit, broken into small pieces
- Put the chocolate, golden syrup and milk in a small, non-metallic bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until the chocolate has melted, stirring halfway.
- Beat with a spoon until smooth and glossy, then set aside to cool fully.
- Drizzle some of the sauce on the inside of two pint glasses.
- Half-fill each with golden ale, add a scoop of ice cream and top up with more of the ale.
- Drizzle over the remaining chocolate sauce and sprinkle with the biscuit to serve.
Drink responsibly. For more information visit drinkaware.co.uk