Our funeral teams are here to help support and guide you in organising a meaningful memorial service or ‘celebration of life’ for your loved one.
They can provide provide the opportunity for family and friends to come together to grieve, pay respects and celebrate in their own way after a burial of cremation has taken place.
We know how important such an event is and we can help you plan a ceremony which is fitting and appropriate for you and your family. Whilst there are no set rules around the format, we have created a range of options which are typically associated with memorial services.
The package includes our professional services for arranging a memorial service. These include the following:
- Personal consultation meeting to discuss your requirements by phone, at home or at our funeral home
- Information, advice and guidance on all aspects of the memorial service and associated products
- Liaising with third parties including clergy and other associated professionals such as florists, caterers and printers
- Assistance with the compilation of orders of service, an online obituary and newspaper announcements
- Receipt, collation and administration of charitable donations
- All administration related to the provision of the memorial service
For the full package details and costs, please see our download document below:
We understand that personalisation of memorial services is extremely important to our families and therefore, it is important that you can select the products and services which are right for you and your loved one.
You may wish to consider the ceremonial music. You could select your favourite songs from a particular genre or you may prefer to choose classical pieces and hymns. If you prefer, you may wish to play some music recorded by a family member. Alternatively, you may like to have live music at the service. We can organise buglers, highland pipers and other soloists at request to perform at the ceremony.
Live musicians such as buglers and pipers can be costed on request.
Newspaper announcement of the service:
Our colleagues can place a newspaper announcement in local or national publications should you so wish. We will help you compile a fitting tribute for your loved one. Some publications will allow us to include images or photographs to make the notice more personalised.
The newspaper announcement can be costed on request.
We're here with you every step of the way...
Whether it's a simple service or a large celebration of life, our funeral directors are here to help support and guide you every step of the way.
Get in touch with your local funeral home to discuss a memorial service for your loved one.