Healthy heart cholesterol check
Is your heart healthy?
In under 10 minutes we can assess your 10 year risk score of heart attack or stroke.
From a simple finger prick we can provide immediate access and analysis of your results, including:
- Your total cholesterol level along with an in-depth cholesterol profile.
- Your heart age.
- Your comparative risk percentage of a heart attack or stroke within the next 10 years.
- A consultation to receive expert advice and guidance with a case-by-case referral for follow up treatment.
How to book a test:
- Simply call your local Lincolnshire Co-op pharmacy and book an appointment with one of our teams.
- Visit the pharmacy at your designated time and date.
- A member of our skilled pharmacy team will perform a finger prick test, placing a drop of blood onto a lateral flow test. This is processed electronically to assess your cholesterol levels, providing results in under 10 minutes. If you provide us with your email address, your test results and a comprehensive advice leaflet will also be emailed automatically to you. You can see an example of the results below.
- Following the test, we will provide tailored advice and guidance based on your results.
This service is exclusively available in Lincolnshire at Lincolnshire Co-op pharmacies for £44.99 and you can earn 2% in dividend when you use your dividend card.
Please enquire within your local branch for more details and to book your healthy heart check.
What do your results mean?
Our new service will conduct a comprehensive cholesterol analysis, including a *QRISK3 score. This score predicts your future risk of heart attacks or strokes based on factors like smoking, diabetes, blood pressure, BMI, and more. Remember, the risk is never zero, and it naturally rises with age.
Risk factors include:
• Age, gender, ethnicity
• Smoking, alcohol intake
• High blood pressure, cholesterol level, body mass index
• Strong family history of heart disease (in relatives under 60 years)
• Medical conditions such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease
*QRISK3 score can only be accurately calculated for those 25 years and over.