Whoosh - make your own paper rockets
Get crafty for Bonfire night and keep the kids entertained with these easy to make firework rockets that you can put in your windows or gardens!
What you'll need:
- Toilet paper tubes (you can use an empty wrapping paper tube cut into sections or a paper towel tube as well)
- Wooden skewers or a straw
What to do:
- First paint your tube in whatever pattern you like and let it dry. This is going to be the body of your rocket, so you can also add ribbons, stickers and glitter to it if you like.
- Whilst your tube is drying you can make the rocket cap - cut a circle in the paper making sure it is just slightly bigger than the width of the tube you have. Colour it in with paint or pens and let it dry.
- Cut a slit halfway through to the centre of the circle.
- Roll the circle into a cone shape by folding one side of the split slightly over the other side - glue together the sides when in shape.
- Stick the rocket cap on top of your rocket body - the easiest way is to stick cellotape on the inside of the tube and cone and press down from the outside to secure.
- Finally, stick your skewer or straw just inside the base of the rocket body, so you can stand your rocket up in something or stick it in the ground.
We've got lots of activities like this on our junior members' section, including competitions and offers on days out. Visit here junior activities to find out more.
Not a junior member? If you're aged 5-15 you can sign up today at junior.lincolnshire.coop