Vodka toffee apple no-bake cheesecake
A no-bake cheesecake filled with toffee vodka - the perfect showstopper for your Christmas dinner.
Prep 25 mins, plus chilling
- 6 red apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 230g Grantham Gingerbread or Gingernuts
- 60g butter, melted
- 300ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 150ml Greek yogurt
- 310g light soft cheese
- 2 tbsp Fenspirits Toffee Vodka
- 100g granulated sugar
- Peel 4 of the apples and cut into 1cm chunks. Put in a glass bowl with the lemon juice and microwave on full power for 3 mins. Stir well. Microwave for a further 2-3 mins until mushy with a few small lumps. Leave to cool.
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add the butter and blitz until mixed. Line the base of a loose-bottomed 20cm tin with baking paper. Tip in the crumbs and press flat with the back of a spoon. Chill until required. Line the sides of the tin with a long strip of baking paper.
- Whip together the cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Put the yogurt, soft cheese, vodka and apple sauce in a large bowl and stir gently until evenly mixed – do not over-beat. Gently fold in the cream. Spoon over the base, level with the back of a spoon and chill overnight.
- Core and thinly slice the last 2 apples. Pat dry with kitchen roll. Put a sheet of kitchen roll on a microwavable plate and arrange half the apple slices on top. Microwave at 800W for 3 mins. Turn the apple slices, pat dry with kitchen roll and microwave for a further 3 mins until floppy and almost dry. Set aside and repeat with remaining apple.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a wire rack. Put the sugar and 4 tbsp water in a small pan. Heat gently without stirring, until the sugar melts. Boil for 3-4 mins until you have a honey-gold caramel. Remove from the heat, add ¼ of the dried apple, stir to coat, then lift out one by one, allowing the excess caramel to drip back into the pan. Arrange on the baking paper.
- Repeat three more times. If the caramel thickens, heat gently for 20 secs.
- Lift the cheesecake onto a plate and remove the baking paper. Arrange caramel apple slices on top, sprinkle over crushed ginger biscuits if you like, and serve.