Valentines day chocolate truffles
Surprise your special one this Valentine’s Day with some homemade chocolate truffles. Easy to make but deliciously moreish.
- 75ml double cream
- 30g unsalted butter
- 150g Co-op Irresistible dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder and desiccated coconut to coat
1. Put the cream and butter into a pan and heat gently until just simmering. Put the chocolate into a heatproof bowl, pour over the cream and butter and stir until melted.
2. Stir in the vanilla extract and chill for 1 hour or until set and thick enough to roll. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet or tray with grease proof paper and spread your truffle coatings out on small plates.
3. Shape a teaspoonful of truffle mix into a ball with your fingertips. Roll in a coating and place on baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the mixture and chill for 1 hour to set.