Fairtrade ultimate vegan chocolate cupcakes (V)
A chocolate lovers dream... packed with intense, rich flavours and Fairtrade goodness, these cupcakes are so moreish they'll be gone in no time.
SERVES 12 READY IN 35 MINUTES
- 1 tbsp Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade Colombian instant coffee
- 210ml Co-op soya drink
- 1 tbsp Co-op Irresistible balsamic vinegar of Modena
- 150g Co-op Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 75ml Co-op olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g Co-op self raising flour
- 30g Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
FOR THE ICING:
- 500g Fairtrade icing sugar
- 190g dairy free spread
- 45g Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the coffee in a jug with 2 tbsp boiling water and stir to blend.
- Stir in the soya drink, vinegar, sugar, olive oil and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Stir in the soya mixture until combined.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 18-20 mins, until risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Put half the icing sugar in a large bowl with the spread, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric whisk, starting on a low speed and gradually increasing until smooth, then beat in the rest of the sugar.
- Pipe or spread the icing on the cooled cupcakes to serve.