Tropical 'nice' cream (Ve)
Going vegan doesn't mean you have to cut out your favourite desserts. Try this simple spin on ice cream and make your very own nice cream.
SERVES 4 TAKES 3 hours 10 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 250g pack prepared mango
- Zest of 1 lime and juice of 1/2
- Put the banana chunks and two-thirds of the mango in separate bowls.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours, until frozen solid.
- Leave at room temperature for 10 mins to soften.
- Put the banana in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add the mango and lime juice, then continue to blend until smooth.
- Eat immediately, or refreeze.
- Remove from the freezer to soften 10 mins before eating, then serve with the remaining mango, scattered with the zest.