A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
A classic staple in the British household nothing beats a comforting homemade toad in the hole after a long day. This recipe is so easy you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it sooner.
SERVES 4 PREP 15 MINUTES COOK 50 MINUTES
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Roast the sausages with the oil in a small roasting dish for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked.
3. To make the batter, sieve the flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
4. Mix the milk and water together. Crack the eggs into the middle of the flour and beat the eggs with a fork.
5. Add the milk mixture and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
6. Pour the batter over the sausages and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the batter is puffed and golden.
7. When your dinner is fully cooked and piping hot before serving it up.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm