Toad in the hole
A classic staple in the British household nothing beats a comforting homemade toad in the hole after a long day. This recipe is so easy you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it sooner.
SERVES 4 PREP 15 MINUTES COOK 50 MINUTES
- 12 Uncle Henry's sausages from our Love Local range
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125g plain flour
- 125ml milk
- 125ml water
- 2 Fairburn's eggs from our Love Local range
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Roast the sausages with the oil in a small roasting dish for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked.
3. To make the batter, sieve the flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
4. Mix the milk and water together. Crack the eggs into the middle of the flour and beat the eggs with a fork.
5. Add the milk mixture and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
6. Pour the batter over the sausages and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the batter is puffed and golden.
7. When your dinner is fully cooked and piping hot before serving it up.