Tasty fish tacos with chilli
It's still cold and windy at this time of year, but this tasty fish taco recipe is sure to keep you warm.
It pairs white fish and a dash of lemon juice, onion and garlic with a kick of chilli to bring back the heat.
Add some freshly made salsa and the satisfying crunch of fresh taco shells, and you've got a healthy but filling dinner that's sure to be a winner!
SERVES 4 Takes around 15 minutes
8 crunchy taco shells or small wraps
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped or 1-2 tsp mild chilli powder
300g white fish fillet, cut into thick strips
Freshly squeezed juice of ½-1 lemon
Mixed salad leaves
Lime wedges, to serve
For the salsa
2 small avocados, chopped
1 small can sweetcorn, drained
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4. Arrange the taco shells (open-end down) or wraps on a baking tray, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan. Add the garlic, onions and chilli and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until soft.
3. Place the taco shells or wraps in the oven to heat through for 1-3 minutes.
4. Add the fish to the pan with the onions and season well with freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, turning the strips over until the fish is no longer opaque. Add lemon juice.
5. Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together all the ingredients and seasoning.
6. Plate up the hot taco shells or wraps filled with salad leaves and fish, and serve with the salsa and wedges of lime.