Sweet potato and spinach korma (Ve)
Whip up this creamy yet vegan korma packed with sweet potato goodness and a delicious blend of spices.
SERVES 6 Ready in 60 minutes
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 180g jar Co-op korma curry paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400g can Co-op light coconut milk
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp Co-op smooth peanut butter
- 400g can Co-op chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 x 125g packs Co-op British baby spinach
- 3 tbsp Co-op desiccated coconut
- Co-op plain naans, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pan and cook the onion over a medium heat for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic, curry paste and spices, then cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk, then fill the can with water and add that to the pan, along with the sweet potato.
- Bring the liquid just to the boil.
- Put the peanut butter in a small bowl and spoon over 2-3 tbsp of the hot coconut milk mixture, whisking in, until it’s runny.
- Pour into the pan and stir in, mixing well.
- Bring back up to the boil, then turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 25–30 mins, until the sweet potato is tender.
- Stir the chick peas, spinach and desiccated coconut into the curry and heat through.
- Season, then serve with the naan breads.