Sweet potato bites (VE)
These sweet potato bites both look and taste delicious.
SERVES: 30 READY IN: 50 minutes
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 2 avocados
- Generous pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 limes, 1 zested and juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- ½ x 25g pack coriander
- 3 tbsp Co-op walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into discs, about 1cm thick, then halve any large ones into semicircles.
- Spread out on 2 nonstick baking trays and drizzle over the vegetable oil, then season.
- Roast for 40 mins, flipping the sweet potato over halfway through.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocados in a large bowl, using a potato masher, then add the chilli flakes, lime zest and juice, along with the olive oil.
- Mash and mix well, then season to taste, adding a squeeze more juice from one of the lime wedges, if you like.
- Finely chop most of the coriander and stir into the avocado mixture, reserving a few leaves for a garnish.
- Once the sweet potato is tender, remove from the oven.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes, then arrange the discs on a serving platter.
- Pile a heaped teaspoon of avocado mixture on each and sprinkle over the walnuts, then garnish with the reserved coriander.
- Serve with the lime wedges.