The perfect way to brighten your day and desk...and of course celebrate spring, is with a wobbly spring chicken.
What you'll need:
- Modelling clay or Plasticine - you'll need a colour for your chicken and yellow for its beak
- Two small beads
- Gauge wire
What to do:
- Roll your Plasticine or clay into two balls - one for the head and one for the body. Keep both parts separate for now.
- Then, make some wings and a tail - you can use the toothpick to draw some 'feathers' on these - and press them onto the body you've made.
- Using your yellow clay/Plasticine make a beak and stick this onto your chickens head.
- Take you two small beads and press these into the head too - to make the eyes. You could always use googly eyes too if you can find some small ones - unless of course you're making a GIANT chicken!
- Next we're making the spring...using your gauge wire, curl this around a pencil, but leave the ends straight.
- Insert the ends of your spring into both the head and body of your chicken.
- If you've chosen to use bakeable clay, do as it says on the packaging.