Spicy Haddock Fishcakes
Why not switch it up for Good Friday and try this lighter alternative to your traditional fish and chips 😋 🐟
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Alfred Enderby smoked haddock
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 10g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zested then cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp Co-op plain flour
- 100g Co-op frozen peas
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Put the potatoes into boiling water and simmer for 15 mins or until tender. Drain, then mash.
- Brush the fish with oil, then fry in a hot pan for about 5 mins.
- Turn over and cook for a few more mins.
- Put the mash, parsley, chilli and lemon zest in a bowl and blend with a fork.
- Flake in the fish, mix, then divide into 4 and shape into cakes.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish, season, then coat the fishcakes.
- Fry in the remaining oil for 3 mins on each side.
- Meanwhile, boil the peas for 3 mins then drain.
- Serve the fishcakes with the peas, lemon wedges and a drizzle of chilli sauce.