Spiced veg tagine (V)
Mr Huda’s authentic curry paste from our Love Local range gives this spicy veggie dish a rich flavour that will warm you up on chilly autumn days.
SERVES 4 PREP 10 MINUTES COOK 20 MINUTES
- 2 tbsp Ownsworth's Rapeseed Oil
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 300g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 300g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
- 1 heaped tbsp Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 100g soft dried apricots (optional)
- 1 x400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp runny honey from the Love Local range
- 300g couscous
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful mint leaves and handful fresh coriander leaves (both optional)
- Heat half the oil in a large casserole dish and cook the onion wedges on the cut sides for a minute or two over a medium heat to brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan and cook the carrots and parsnips for a few minutes to brown. Add the peppers, garlic and curry paste, cook for a minute or two, then pour in the stock. Add the apricots, if using, and return the onions to the pan. Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir in the chickpeas and cook for another 5-8 minutes until the chickpeas are hot and veg tender. Stir in the honey. Season.
- While the tagine cooks, put the couscous in a bowl; season. Pour over boiling water to cover, then cover the bowl with clingfilm; leave for 5 minutes. Pour in half the lemon juice and stir in half the herbs, if using.
- To serve, scatter remaining herbs over the tagine and add more lemon juice, if liked. Serve with the couscous.