Indulgent slow cooker brownies
These slow cooker brownies are incredibly rich and delicious, thanks to one secret local ingredient; freshly brewed Stokes coffee. Instead of overpowering the chocolatey taste of the brownie, the coffee serves to enhance and intensify the flavour further.
It's surprising what you can do with your slow cooker, and putting yours to use will enable you to save time and money, all while reducing your impact on the environment. Click here for more slow cooker inspiration.
100g Co-op Irresistible 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
125g unsalted butter
290g caster sugar
1 mug of freshly brewed Stokes Blue Mountain Blend coffee
160g plain flour
75g cream cheese
1 tablespoon of condensed milk
1. Using your cafetière, brew your Stokes Blue Mountain Blend Coffee.
2. Grease your slow cooker and line with baking paper.
3. Break chocolate into chunks and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Use the microwave to melt the chocolate, taking out regularly to stir.
4. Add the butter, cubed, to the melted chocolate in the bowl, and place back in the microwave. Melt the butter into the chocolate. Again, monitor it closely and take it out occasionally to stir.
5. Add sugar to the bowl, and stir until combined.
6. Add your eggs and coffee, and mix thoroughly.
7. Fold in the flour, and then add the mix to the slow cooker.
8. Put the cream cheese and condensed milk in the now empty bowl, and stir.
9. Put your cream cheese/condensed milk mixture into the slow cooker, and use a skewer or chop stick to marble it through the brownie mix.
10. Cook for roughly 3 hours, checking occasionally if the brownies are cooked through by inserting a skewer.
When cooked, cut into slices and enjoy - they are delicious warm with a scoop of ice cream, or cooled with a mug of coffee.