Thai green chicken curry
A Thai curry is both simple and versatile, perfect for a weeknight tea. You can replace the chicken in this recipe with any other meat - or why not try prawns or fish? You could also try substituting coconut milk for some of the liquid when you're cooking your rice to create a yummy coconut rice side, perfect when you have a little bit more time.
•150g basmati rice
•230g pack Co-operative Loved by Us British chicken breast fillets
•1 tbsp sunflower oil or Ownsworth's Rapeseed Oil
•240g pack Co-operative Loved by Us broccoli, carrots, baby corn and sugar snaps
•340g jar Thai green curry sauce
•2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (optional)
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack and drain.
2. Meanwhile, cut the chicken fillets into bite-size pieces. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken over a medium heat until golden brown on all sides.
3. Cut each broccoli floret into 2 smaller pieces. Add all the vegetables to a saucepan of boiling water and simmer fast for 4 minutes.
4. Drain the vegetables in a colander and set aside. Transfer the chicken and any juices into the saucepan and stir in the Thai curry sauce. Put 1 tbsp water in the sauce jar and swill it around, then add it to the pan. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the vegetables and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes. Add the coriander, if using, and serve with the rice.