Pumpkin spice latte
Give family and friends pumpkin to talk about with this delicious twist on a latte.
SERVES: 1 TIME: 15MINS
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin puree (you'll need a medium sized pumpkin for this)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso (or very strong brewed coffee)
- Sweetened whipped cream, for topping
- To make the pumpkin puree: Peel and seed the pumpkin and cut into evenly sized cubes. Place the cubes in a colander over a pan of simmering water and cook for 10 minutes. You might need to cook it for a further 5 minutes if it's not cooked through after 10mins. Once cooked - mash the pumpkin with either a handheld blender or a good old fashioned masher and leave to cool.
- Add the unsweetened pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla and espresso to a small pan.
- Bring to a summer on a medium low heat and whisk occasionally until the pumpkin puree has mixes well and the sugar and spices dissolved.
- Heat the milk in a separate pan until it it just warm through.
- Whisk the milk until it begins to foam/froth.
- Pour the hot coffee mixture into a mug and then pour in the frothy milk.
- Top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired.