Prosecco and citrus pancakes (V)
These pancakes are proseccond to none 🥞
SERVES 4 Ready in 25 minutes
- 350ml Co-op Irresistible Prosecco
- 50g Fairtrade caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp
- Zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½
- 125g Co-op plain flour
- 2 large eggs from our Love Local range, beaten
- 150ml Co-op whole milk
- Sunflower oil, for greasing
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Make a syrup: in a pan, gently heat 200ml of the Prosecco, the 50g sugar and the lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, cook for a further minute and set aside.
- Combine the flour and remaining sugar, make a well and add the egg, along with 75ml of the Prosecco. Mix to form a smooth batter, drawing in the flour from the sides as you go. Add the remaining Prosecco and the milk, whisking well to combine.
- Grease a nonstick frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat. When it’s hot, add just enough batter to cover the base, tilting the pan to create a thin, even layer. Cook until the underside is golden, then flip and repeat for the other side. Turn out onto a plate, keep warm, then make 7 more pancakes.
- Fold the pancakes in half, then half again, and drizzle with the Prosecco syrup. Sprinkle over the zest and serve with a scoop of ice cream on the side, if you like.