Popping raspberry hot chocolate
Delicious, comforting and with an extra popping candy surprise - this raspberry hot chocolate will make your taste buds tingle in more ways than one.
- 200g raspberries
- 2 litres Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 300ml Co-op double cream
- 240g Co-op instant hot chocolate drink
- 30g mini marshmallows
- 10g sachet popping candy
- Reserve 6 raspberries to garnish and tip the rest into a bowl.
- Mash with a fork and put 1 tsp each into the bottom of six mugs.
- Put the milk into a saucepan and heat until tiny bubbles are starting to form.
- While the milk is heating, whisk the cream into soft peaks.
- Take the milk off the heat.
- Use a splash of the hot milk to make a paste with the hot chocolate powder, then whisk the paste into the remaining hot milk until smooth.
- Divide the hot chocolate between the mugs.
- Fold the remaining mashed raspberry gently through the whipped cream, then spoon it over the hot chocolate.
- Scatter the marshmallows and candy on top, and garnish with the reserved raspberries to serve.