Pineapple and halloumi burgers (V)
A vegetarian dream, these pineapple and halloumi burgers are perfect come rain or shine on the barbecue or inside on the grill.
FEEDS 6 READY IN 20 MINS
- 6 Co-op halloumi burgers or 250g block of halloumi cut into even slices.
- 4 tsp Co-op clear honey
- Juice of ½ lime, plus 3 limes, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 x 227g can Co-op pineapple slices, drained
- 6 Co-op white pitta breads
- Few handfuls fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- Grill or barbecue the halloumi burgers or slices for 5 mins on each side.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey and lime juice together and add a few pinches of black pepper. Toss the pineapple slices in the mixture then cook on the barbecue or under the grill for a few seconds until just charred.
- Grill or barbecue the lime halves for 1-2 mins, until charred.
- Warm the pittas, then fill each with a handful of spinach leaves, if using, 2 pineapple rings and a halloumi burger. Serve with the charred lime halves to squeeze over.